My Top 10 Insta Accounts
Love or Hate Instagram – I know this is how I can feel – but with it being a huge part of my business and helping grow my audience, build my little community and most of all help me sell. I am learning to love it and take it for what it is despite sometimes always looking at things in life and thinking “oh that would be a good story or post” then never following up with the courage to post, let alone make a video or share my face! However for me through being part of this incredible community I have made amazing friendships through the power of the squares, been completely inspired! Built my own community, gained customers from up and down the country and put my little shop out there for all to see as well as discovering some of the most amazing independent creative’s many of which I now showcase in my shop so I guess you could say I love it!
With that, I thought I would compile a list of all my interior, life and fashion favorites for one reason or another and share them with you! Hoping you will love them as much as I do and even give them a follow!
1.@oxfordone – Her bright bold home – is something we all need right now! She is a woman not to be reckoned with when it comes to DIY hacks and always shows a good instant story! Completely down to earth and you really feel like she is your friend when reading her posts. I love love her home, posts and authenticity. So if it’s a bold home you’re looking for – these squares are for you!
2. @ninageehome Nina’s beautiful Georgian Home (which she is currently renovating) it is just beautiful - she is going from dark to light and I love her squares! Her home is filled with the most gorgeous accessories and artwork and you wont be disappointed! Her posts are brilliant to read as there bold and honest and extremely relatable and I love reading them and more than often make me laugh out loud!
3. @ninas_nips – My best friend introduced me to Nina’s website first! And I was just in tears of laughter and then blown away by the genius of her designs and collaborations– they are completely inspiring. Nina is an incredible human who alongside her full time job came up with a booby pun t-shirts business, with all the proceeds going to breast cancer charities. Totally inspired and having been affected by cancer in my family, I contacted Nina to see if I could share the love and host her t-shirts on the KBB website. Her squares are always booby related, beautittitfully curated but most importantly spreading the message of looking after your two puppies and what to look out for in raising breast awareness!
4. @t.a.e.boutique – I’m a clothes and shoes lover (I confess)! And love Alex’s account! She is exceptional, she was a fellow mum in one of my kids school and I always saw this amazingly dressed lady in the playground and then discovered she had set up her very own online clothes boutique sourcing some of the most incredible ladies clothing and accessories. I have my eyes on the mohair cardigan currently! What I love about these squares is that Alex features in them and they are real! No photoshop – just Alex in her beautiful clothes and jewellery.
5.@plasticfreedom_ – You don’t need me to tell you that the world is in a major environmental crisis but it might be helpful to share this account! Started up by another incredible woman who wanted to create a product-based business on items that are plastic free! Her squares feature day-to-day items that we all need with easy to use click through sites so we can all buy a more responsibly, which I love and have started to use.
6. @agi_at_59 – It was her daughter’s room that pulled me in! I discovered Agi when I became a Mine Heart stockiest and then was lucky enough to run a competition with her. Her beautiful home is full of inspiring looks, sumptuous textures and is so inviting! She is also a great support to my little business and always promoting small independent businesses. Her home and garden will give you lots of incredible home inspiration that won't break your bank account and I still want a bedroom like her daughters!
7. @arthouse_unlimted – I LOVE them! Working for over 6 years in special needs schools myself I followed the journey of this incredible business venture from the start. This is one of the best enterprise businesses I know! Creating some of the most incredible artwork and gifts – all beautifully created by adults with learning difficulties. The uplifting posts and seeing the artist themselves really allows you to feel part of their venture and I feel so fortunate that I get to sell lots of their cards, mugs and even soaps here at KBB spreading the story and supporting such an invaluable enterprise.
8. @simplyfoodbymandy I am a wanna be cook – and the kitchen really is my happy place! But like so many of us finding the time to cook and get things prepared never happens. Recommended by my sister in-law – I discovered Mandy’s account! With her one pot/tray cooking recipes which are really easy to follow and great for all the family – I highly recommend a little follow! And note she has one beautiful kitchen and the aga that dreams were made from!
9. @deborahvos – She literally lives in my DREAM home – the end! Lol
I am not even sure how I stumbled across her account but I can’t tell you how much I love this woman’s home. Situated in Devon with sea views it’s just stunning and the most beautiful décor! And think that’s all I can say.
10. @bowelbabe I know I mention this a lot as Cancer has had such a huge effect on me and my family after suddenly losing my dad, just over 3 years ago. I first saw Bowel Babe on day time TV and was just blown away by her story and her passion on highlighting this devastating disease – she is my complete girl crush now even beating Kate Moss, her posts are not only vitally important, they make you smile, make you cry but they are just so real, as you are following her journey of living with bowel cancer.
So these are my top 10 and there were loads more and so hard to choose! I would love to hear yours? As those little squares provide such a fountain of life inspiring people covering every subject there is.